Growing up, our next-door neighbors always threw a huge neighborhood bash every New Year’s Eve. Music, food, drinks, and the entire community together in one place to celebrate.
It’s no surprise then that New Year’s Eve has long been my favorite holiday. I love everything about it: dressing up in fancy outfits, drinking champagne, and especially setting goals for who I want to become in the next year.
And though some resolutions have been on my list for about six years or so (cough, 5K, cough cough), I’m usually pretty successful at keeping the majority of the ones I make.
Majority, you ask? Yep. I usually make around 20 resolutions each year, although my goals for 2011 clock in at a more respectable 14. Here are some of the highlights:
- Run a 5K (yep, still on here)
- Get involved in local politics (ie, be able to identify my representatives & senators, and let them know which issues are important to me)
- Eat more fruit
- Volunteer (bark buddy at the SPCA here I come!)
- Get Lola therapy dog certified
- Finish the longstanding personal project many of you have heard about 🙂
- Find a signature drink (all the Mad Men we watch has been rubbing off on me)
Our New Year’s Eve plans are still shaping up, but I’m looking forward to ringing in 2011 with my nearest & dearest. Here’s to a happy & successful New Year!